It’s time again for the Weekend Reading list. I’m really enjoying gathering these articles to share. My own reading is broadening and I’m discovering some great new blogs as I scour the internet for the best articles each wee. I hope you’re finding them as beneficial, inspiring and interesting as I am.
- Arguments against self-publishing: Why Do People Hate Self-Publishing So Much?
- On the future of publishing: When is The Tipping Point for an author to go digital?
- Promote your writing: Book Promotion for Creative Writers
- Why writers should be online: HarperCollins Wants to Be Your Friend
- Improve your customer service: Say What You Mean and Mean What You Say
- Writing for examiner.com (and similar sites): How Much Are Examiner.com Writers Really Earning? (via The Life and Times of a Freelance Writer)
- Copyright infringement: What to Do When Someone Steals Your Work
The Writing Life
- If you can’t seem to finish: 4 Tips for Overcoming Perfectionism for Writers
- Don’t take rejection so personally: Sometimes they’re just not that into you
- Surround yourself with inspiration: 5 Tips for Creating an Inspiring Workplace
- The benefits of forums: Why Forums are Your Frenemies – Part 1
- Thinking of staring a critique group?: Critiquing my critique group
Writing in General
- Backup, backup, backup: 10 Ways to Become a Better Writer
- Writer’s Block got you stumped?: 5 Ways to Break Through a Fiction Writing Block
- Scene-writing tips: 5 Easy Tips to Strengthen Your Scenes
- Why you should use spell-check: 7 Interesting Typo Tales
- Get the creative energy flowing: A Writing Exercise
- For the locavores (or wannabes): 2009 One Local Summer
Go ahead and click on through to a few (or all) of these great reads. Leave a comment if you find anything you’d like to discuss. I’m always interested in what you’re learning, too!
What else are you reading this weekend?